Collection, stabilization, and transport of saliva samples are important now more than ever. And it is that since we live in the middle of a pandemic, care in the entire process of extraction and handling of samples requires greater neatness. Therefore, we need products that facilitate procedures. A job that companies like Real offer to professionals in the sector.
Collection, stabilization and transport of saliva samples
Collecting samples for analysis requires precise conditions to prevent contamination. And is that any interference can condition the results. What cancels the test and makes the procedure unfeasible.
To avoid this situation, the Real company has launched REAL SALIVA VIRAL Sample Collection Kit. A product that provides an all-in-one procedure. And to be able to do with it a fast and safe collection; as well as to ensure its stabilization and the transport of one-milliliter saliva samples. And all can be done at room temperature, as the product stabilizes the viral DNA and RNA.
This stabilization is possible thanks to REAL VIRAL Stabilization Solution. A product that efficiently inactivates viruses. What solutions for the handling of non-infectious samples, making possible a safe handling and shipment of all these tests.
One of the main advantages of this system is that the samples are kept at room temperature. In the case of DNA, up to one year. Regarding RNA, up to a month. In case they are subjected to low temperatures, the conditions change. And it is that if they are kept between -20 / -80 ° C they can be kept indefinitely.
Advantages of the Real Saliva collection and stabilization system
The main advantages of the sample collection, stabilization and transport system developed by the Real company are the following:
- Allows the handling of samples of one milliliter of saliva.
- Inactivates microorganisms and viruses for easy and safe handling and transport.
- It is a product that allows the isolation of human genomic DNA and viral DNA / RNA. A variety not offered by other similar products on the market.
- As already mentioned, this product allows transport at room temperature. This means eliminating cold infrastructure elements that hinder and retain transportation by requiring more procedures and paperwork.
- Makes it possible to preserve total DNA in samples, including viral DNA, at room temperature. But if a temperature between 4º-25ºC is kept, it will be possible to do so for a whole year.
- In the case of RNA there are very interesting advantages. And it is that it allows total RNA to be preserved, including viral RNA, at room temperature. And if we do it in a cold system (those that are between 4º-25ºC can be kept for a whole month.
- They are systems compatible with most of the DNA and RNA isolation methods found on the market. Although it is best to use REAL products. Both those offered as kits and those sold independently.
- It is a product specially designed for health professionals. And its handling is very simple and intuitive.
So, if you are looking for a collection, stabilization and transport system for any of your saliva samples, at Durviz we have what you need. Do not hesitate, visit our website to expand this information and get in touch with us.