Genomic DNA extraction from Plant Tissues, and Fungi.
This Kit provides a method for efficient and fast genomic DNA extraction of plant tissues and fungi samples.
Plants contain quantities of different substances (polysaccharides, polyphenols, etc) and can present enormous variations in their biochemical composition. For such reason, it becomes difficult to standardise on a single DNA extraction method for all plants.
To solve that problem Real kit contains a PVP solution that binds the polysaccharides and polyphenols that are released due to the cell lysis and have the capability to form complexes with the nucleic acids to degrade or precipitate them.
The process includes a sample homogeneization in an extraction buffer and PVP solution. The lysis is completed with an incubation in a Lysis Buffer and RNAse at 37ºC for 30 min. Cell proteins and cell debris are removed by a protein removing buffer that allows to leave the genomic DNA in solution. Finally, the genomic DNA is isolated by a precipitation with isopropanol.
– Simple, fast (~45min) and non-expensive method.
– This method can be scaled, allowing to process high amounts of sample.
– Safe method, no toxic reagents used.
– PVP solution allows to work with plants with a high content in polysaccharides or phenolic compounds.
– Obtained DNA can be used for PCR, Southern, RFLP, sequencing or cloning.
RBMEG05: For 200 extractions from 20-40mg of plant or fungi tissues.
Click Here to download the protocol.
To make an order, please contact to your distributor: