REALTOTAL RNA Spin Plants and Fungi
This kit allows to obtain Total RNA from different cells and tissues of plants and fungi.
The Kit is designed to obtain DNA-free total RNA from different cells and tissues of plants and fungi using silica membrane columns.
The samples are ground under liquid nitrogen followed by incubation in the lysis solution which immediately inactivates the RNases and creates suitable binding conditions for the RNA absorption on the silica membrane. Together with the lysis solution, a PVP (polyvinylpyrrolidone) solution is added, that acts binding contaminants such as polyssacharides and polyphenols wich may interfere or degrade the RNA. The contaminant DNA is removed by the application of a DNase I solution (supplied with the kit) directly on the column.
The salts, metabolites and cell components are removed by 2 washing steps. Finally, the RNA is eluted with nuclease-free water.
REALTOTAL RNA Spin Plants and Fungi contains 2 different lysis solutions, one based on guanidine thiocyanate, the most recommended due to its denaturing property. And other based on guanidine HCl as in some plants and fungi the presence of certain metabolites produces a solidification of the lysate, avoiding its processing, in such cases, the lysis solution with…
– Silica membrane column technology. Each column allows to bind 70ug of total RNA.
– Includes filters to homogenize and reduce lysate viscosity, a PVP solution, and two different solutions and DNase I with a reaction buffer.
– HQ RNA is obtained that can be used in several later applications (RT-PCR, Northern blotting, microarray…
– Process can be done in less than 30 minutes.
– 0.5 – 5% of the RNA obtained is enough to do a RT-PCR.
– Tested species: corn, tomato, vine, pine tree, olive tree, orange tree, Arabidopsis, pea, tobacco, wheat, barley, cucumber, lettuce, spinach, and Mucor rouxii and Phycomitrella patens fungi.
RBMER13: Extraction from 50 samples of fungi or plant cells.
Click Here to download the protocol.
To make an order, please contact to your distributor