Real viral is the name of a kit that provides a safe and fast procedure with which to collect, stabilize and transport saliva samples from 1 milliliter at room temperature. A procedure that stabilizes viral DNA/RNA in order to study it. This makes new and high-quality ways available to scientists to detect the presence of COVID 19 in people.
The main advantage of Real Viral is that it inactivates viruses and prevents the degradation of nucleic acid in samples collected with our system, resulting in non-infectious samples to be handled and sent safely.
Samples obtained by this procedure are kept at room temperature for one year for DNA and one month for RNA. In addition, they can be frozen (-20/ -80° C) for extended periods.
The kit contains the following:
- 100 doses of 1 milliliter of the Real viral solution
- 100 units of funnels
- 100 saliva collection tubes
All of them are distributed at room temperature.
Features of the Real Saliva viral
The main features of this kit are:
- Used for the collection, storage and transport of viral samples of 1 ml of saliva.
- Microorganisms and viruses are inactivated to make their transport and handling safe and easy.
- This system can be used to isolate human genomic DNA or viral DNA/RNA, any of the procedures we need to perform.
- Allows transport to be carried out at room temperature without affecting the sample.
- Preserve total DNA, including viral DNA, at room temperature (4º-25ºC) for one year.
- Preserve total RNA, including viral RNA, at room temperature (4º-25ºC)1 month.
- It is a system compatible with most of the DNA and RNA isolation methods on the market.
Use of Real Saliva Viral
To make proper use of this sample kit, follow the instructions below:
- Do not eat, drink, smoke or chew gum at least 30 minutes before collecting the sample. This way we make sure that the saliva is not contaminated. It should be remembered that to get 1 ml of saliva it can take several minutes.
- Insert the funnel into the sample collection tube. Then rub your cheeks with your tongue and teeth to stimulate saliva secretion.
- Collect saliva until it reaches the level of the 1 ml line of the tube. It is important to remove excess bubbles by hitting on a hard surface. They should not be taken into account in the measurement.
- Remove and discard the funnel.
- Remove the cap from the saliva preservation solution and add all its contents in the collection tube with 1 ml of saliva.
- Close the sample collection tube with its green cap.
- Shake the tube vigorously for 15 seconds to mix saliva well with the saliva preservation solution. Prevent unsolving saliva lumps.
- The saliva sample is now preserved and ready for storage, shipping and processing.
With all this we will be able to do a proper research work and have results with a high degree of reliability.
So, if you want to benefit from the goodness of this product, remember that you only have to contact us and we will tell you what process you must follow for it.