If you need to do a rapid COVID 19 detection test from blood, serum or plasma samples, at Durviz we have what you need. It is an exclusive proposal for use in laboratories. Only in laboratories.
Rapid COVID 19 test for laboratories
This rapid test that we propose at Durviz is a lateral flow chromatographic immunoassay that allows the qualitative detection of IgG and IgM antibodies against 2019-nCoV. An action that it is capable of carrying out in human blood. But in serum, plasma or also in a blood sample with a lancet, too.
This product uses immunochromatography as a detection technique. These types of tests are commonly used for medical diagnosis both for home tests and for use in the laboratory. Hence, it is one of the most favourite media in a professionals areas.
Finally, we have to talk about immunochromatography . This is one of the most widely used immunodiagnostic techniques today. Its attractive because of: the simplicity and speed of the tests that use this proposal. Hence, with the current need for diagnoses due to the COVID 19 pandemic. This is the reason because today there are more and more applications of this technique in the field of tests. Especially since it does not need reagents or additional instrumentation for its operation. Something that does occur in other similar methodologies that are applied to the clinical field.
Advantages of the rapid COVID 19 test
The main advantages of this product are the following:
- It is presented in a strip format, in which the test sample flows along a solid substrate through capillary action.
- This is a combined antibody test. It can provide information on the stage of infection of the person being tested. And it is that the detection of COVID-19 IgM antibodies tends to indicate a recent exposure to COVID-19, while the detection of COVID-19 IgG antibodies indicate a later stage of infection.
- The test contains anti-human IgM and anti-human IgG as capture reagent, 2019-nCoV antigen as detection reagent. An IgG reagent is used in the control line system.
- It is a product for exclusive use in laboratories.
To all this must be added, in addition, that IgM provides the first line of defense during viral infections. Followed by the generation of adaptive responses of high anity of IgG for long-term immunity and immunological memory.
COVID 19 Rapid Test Features
The main features of the COVID 19 rapid test are:
- Testing should be done immediately after samples have been collected.
- Serum and plasma samples can be stored at 2-8 ° C for up to 7 days. For long-term storage, serum / plasma samples should be kept below -20 ° C. Whole blood collected by venipuncture should be stored at 2-8 ° C. If testing will be performed within 2 days of collection.
- Negative results do not rule out SARS-CoV-2 infection. This should be taken into account particularly in people who have been in contact with the virus. A follow-up test with a molecular diagnosis should be considered to rule out infection in these individuals.
- Results of antibody tests should not be used as the sole basis for making a diagnosis. Neither to exclude a SARS-CoV-2 infection or to report infection status.