REAL Midi System is a patented device for stool sample conservation and concentration. The best solution for your laboratory to manage faecal samples, cleaner, more effective and ecological.
Parasitic diseases affect to milions of people every year from all over the world. Many of them are caused by intestinal parasites whose diagnosis is usually carried out by the detection of helmith eggs, larvae or protozoa cysts in faecal samples. For this purpose an appropriate collection, transport and handling of those samples is critical.
The Midi-System special design simplifies the sample processing, as no additional consumable is required. The procedure is fast, safe and clean, the technitian is not in touch with the sample at anytime. The long spoon protects the user from touching the feces and at the same time the fixative turns the sample non-infestive.
The tubes include glass beads in order to help homogenize the sample.
Different presentations with different fixatives are available to cover the needs of all type of laboratories:
|Midi-System||10 ml||Total-Fix, SAF, ECOSAF, Empty||98 units|
- Cap with tablespoon and glass beads for homogeneization
- Small amount of sample requiered
- Sedimentation cone for centrifugation
- Compatible with 50ml tube adaptors
- Plastic bag for transport of the samples and clinical data sheet
- Two-step procedure
- Two different filters (400 and 250 microns) to separate the debris in the sample from the specimen without clogging
- Caps available for the sediment storage (optional)
- Special silicone seals to prevent leakages
- CE IVD Mark
|Safe and efficient fixative. Formaldehyde, mercury and PVA free. Same preservation activity as Formalin-based fixatives. Compatible with molecular techniques.||Traditional formalin-based fixative, high efficiency for direct microscopic techniques.|
|Some specific diagnostic techniques requiere fresh samples. The tube can be filled with different buffers of your choice.||Modified and safer version of the traditional formalin-based fixative, high efficiency for direct microscopic techniques.|