This kit provides a method for an efficient and fast genomic DNA extraction from tissues of plants and fungi.
It is known that plants contain quantities of different substances (polyssaccharides, polyphenols, etc) and that plants with the same or related genus can present enormous variabilities in their biochemical composition, for such reason, it becomes difficult to standardise on a single DNA extraction method for all plants.
To solve this problem and to be able to cover the biggest number of plants, it uses a PVP solution that can bind the polyssacharides and polyphenols that are released by the cell lysis and has the capability of forming complexes with the nucleic acids to degrade them or to precipitate with them.
The process includes a sample homogenization in an extraction Buffer and the PVP solution. The lysis is completed with the incubation in a Lysis Buffer and RNase at 37°C for 30 minutes. Cell proteins and cell debris are removed by a protein removing Buffer that allows to leave the genomic DNA in solution. Finally, the genomic DNA is isolated by a precipitation with isopropanol.
- Reproducible, fast and non-expensive method.
- Convenient and scalable purification procedure.
- Safe method, as it removes completely the need of using toxic reagents.
- It is completed in 45-60 minutes.
- It contains a PVP solution that allows working with plants with a high content polyssacharides and polyphenols compounds.
DNA purified using REAL Plant DNA Kit is highly stable and suited for use in a wide range of applications such as:
- DNA archiving.
- PCR and quantitative real-time PCR.
- SNP analysis.
- Southern Blotting.
|REAL PLANT DNA KIT|
|RBMEG04||For 50 extractions from 20-40 mg of plants or fungi tissues|
|RBMEG05||For 250 extractions from 20-40 mg of plants or fungi tissues|