REAL SPIN Viral DNA/RNA Kit is designed for the rapid simultaneous purification of viral DNA and RNA from cell –free samples such as serum, plasma and cerebrospinal fluid.
Viruses, when lysed by detergent and Proteinase K, release total viral nucleic acids. Then, in the presence of a chaotropic salt, viral nucleid acids bound selectively to glass fiber membrane in a special centrifuge tube. The nucleic acids remain bound while a series of a rapid wash and spin steps removes contaminating cellular components. Finally, low salt elution removes the viral nucleic acids from the glass fiber membrane. The process does not require nucleid acids precipitation, organic solvent extractions, or extensive handling of the nucleid acids.
The REAL Spin Viral DNA/RNA Kit can be used for the isolation of viral RNA and DNA from a broad range of RNA and DNA viruses. However, performance cannot be guaranteed for every virus species and must be validated by the costumer.
- Flexible system for purification of viral DNA/RNA free of impurities.
- Fast and easy purification with excellent reproducibility.
- Includes carrier-RNA for highest sensitivity in downstream applications.
- The viral DNA/RNA can be used directly as templates for standard PCR or RT-PCR.
- Sample material : 200 µl serum, plasma, cell-free biological fluids.